The developers of the new phase at Canary Wharf, CW 10 Park Drive Limited and CW Wood Wharf A1 Limited, together with their parent company Canary Wharf Group plc (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.canarywharf.com/residential you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the Regulation), the data controllers are CW 10 Park Drive Limited (company number 09442059) and CW Wood Wharf A1 Limited (company number 09442055), both of One Canada Square, London E14 5AB and both of which are companies formed by Canary Wharf Group plc for the purpose of developing properties at the new phase of Canary Wharf. Should Canary Wharf Group plc add further group companies as developers of residential apartments for sale in the future, as the development progresses, and those companies also become data controllers we will update this policy with their details.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE MAY USE IT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US:
Information about you that we may collect & use
- You may give us information by filling in forms on our site http://canarywharf.com/residential/ (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in person or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you enquire about a property, request a brochure or other information, request us to contact you and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you progress a purchase of a property, you may provide us with additional information via reservation forms and other necessary documentation to carry out the transaction.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, mortgage and other financial information, copies proof of identity documents (eg. passport, driving licence, utility bills).
Our use of this information
- to provide you with information about properties at the new Phase of Canary Wharf that you have enquired about;
- to carry out our obligations arising from and in connection with any contract or potential contract entered into between you and us, in particular if you purchase a property. Without the necessary personal data, we will be unable to fulfil such a contract with you;
- to enable us to comply with our legal obligations eg. under anti money laundering legislation;
- to provide you with information about other developments, properties and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about if you have asked us to provide such information;
- to notify you about changes to our website;
Information we collect about you
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time);; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Our use of this information
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
Information we receive from other sources
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we or one of our group companies or joint venture partners operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.
- We may also receive data via our third party suppliers or publicly available sources of information e.g. our sales agents, marketing specialists, financial advisors and mortgage brokers, solicitors, are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Our use of this information
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any group company of Canary Wharf Group plc, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We will not sell or rent your personal information but we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Our UK and International sales teams (depending on your location) – full details are at www.canarywharf.com/residential Our sales teams carry out services on our behalf such as providing brochures and other information and dealing with your enquiries via the site, by email and by phone.
- Professional advisors such as solicitors, mortgage brokers, our lenders and investors, other financial advisors, surveyors and their sub-contractors where necessary to progress your enquiry or the sale of a property to you. This includes when you ask us to pass information on to those advisors on your behalf.
- If you purchase a property from us, we may pass necessary information to third parties such as the local authority, gas, heating and cooling and electricity providers and so on who need your personal information so as to be able to provide services to you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, any member of the Canary Wharf Group or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
Only the authorised personnel, partners, suppliers and contractors (as described in this policy) have access to your information. We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its authorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
If you wish to know exactly what personal data we hold about you, you can obtain it by addressing your request to John Garwood, Company Secretary, Canary Wharf Group plc, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 20 7418 2000.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where the data we hold and process is necessary for us to enter into a contract with you, we will keep that data until that contract is completed and for a reasonable period of time after completion of that transaction, so as to enable us to comply with our legal obligations and provide services to you. Where the data is used, with your consent, for marketing other properties and/or services to you which may be of interest we will keep it unless and until you ask us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us John Garwood, Company Secretary, Canary Wharf Group plc, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB, by email to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 20 7418 2000.
We will do our best to address any concerns or complaints you might have about our handling of your personal data. However you do have the right if you wish to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the independent body whose purpose it is to uphold information rights. You can find more details about the ICO and how to complain via their website (www.ico.org.uk) or by telephoning them on their helpline 0303 123 1113.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulation. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Click here to view The Consumer Code for Home Builders